I'm pleased to say that my dryer was fixed this afternoon. It will take me a day to get caught up on laundry probably, but I am very pleased it is fixed.
Yesterday Eric called from work right before the 6pm show to say he'd like to go out for supper on his break. I hadn't started supper yet, so that was fine. I decided to make some cookies to take to the station and share, figuring that if supper took very long I would end up there for the 10pm show. We stopped by Quality Pet, Friday was their last day. I took over some of the cookies for them. Nearly everything was gone and there was a u-haul outside for transporting the big things. The lady that owns it hopes to re-open in a couple years, so some things are going into storage. Aparently after hurricane Katrina her business fell off drastically, the price of gas went up so high and everyone was cutting back. The problem was that business never really picked back up. We feel so bad for her and her helper. They have been good to us, and genuinely glad to see us when we would take over some guppies. They also were very handicapped accessable, and I was able to go in the pet store and enjoy looking around even when I was still in my wheelchair. Most places, shopping was an exercise in frustraightion.
So, the hex tank and stand and filter that they offered us for $75 the other day was still there. She asked again if we wanted it, and before we could respond, she said she wanted us to have it, for free. To remember them by. We were very touched. So we have a new tank to fix up this summer. It needs a good cleaning and we plan to spray paint the stand (which is unfinished wood) black, to match our other stands. Since we have guppies that we didnt have space for, it really is a blessing to have this new tank. And also, the gravel we got so cheap the other day from them, thinking that we would use it at some point but we didnt know when, will be perfect in the hex. :)
The people at the station were very glad to see me. I hadn't been there in almost two months, since we had been out of town so much on vacation. Plus, I came bearing cookies, and that surely added to their pleasure at seeing me. :) I hadn;t made any goodies to take to them since the wreck, and it was realy nice to be able to again. They are always effusive in their thankfulness for food, almost to the point its embarrassing, but I know they like the things I bring and that feels good.
It was a rough night last night, there was rain moving into our area, and I was aching enough to keep me from sleeping good. Eric gave me some tylenol when he left at 3am. I slept better after that. I'm still achy today, but it is just worse at night.
I took a few pictures at the station last night, and I'm going to post a few.
~Kristina
No comments:
Post a Comment