Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Eric had a weather meeting today, to talk about the severe weather coverage on Saturday, and to prepare for Thursday's severe weather event as well. As he was getting ready to leave, the little boy who used to live in the building next to ours, knocked at our door. He recently moved to another street, but aparently he comes over here after school and stays at another neighbor's house until his mom gets off work. Well, the neighbor was not there when he got there and he came to see if he could use our phone. He knows who Eric is, and also, we were always friendly when he lived over here. His mom said that her sister would come and get him but that it would be about 20 minutes and she asked if it was alright if he stayed with us until she arrived. So Eric went on to his meeting and I had company. He answered everything with a "yes ma'am" or a "no ma'am". I offered him a drink or a snack, but he said "no ma'am". He was very polite and a nice boy. I let him play on the computer while he waited. He doesnt have a computer at home, so he was enjoying the chance at the internet. I told him when his aunt arrived to pick him up, that he was welcome back anytime.


I did decide to embroider 15 of the 30 8" white squares in the quilt top. I have one completed, and another almost done. The patterns are simple since there are 15 of them, I didn't want to get them too complicated. I also have all the purple and blue strips done, and all the pink and green squares put together. I cannot put the pink and green strips together until I get the embroidery done.

Remember that these stripes will not be up against each other in the finished quilt. There will be strips of pink and green between them.










Here is an up close picture of the materials, so you can see the patterns and colors better.


When I get the embroidery done, I will post pictures of that too.

On another note, my hand is doing better. I feel like I am making some progress with getting the knuckle to move more. I haven't had to take a pain pill in a few days, and that feels like an acomplishment. That doesnt mean my hand doesn't hurt, but at least it is standable! :)

~Kristina

1 comment:

Divã de Noiva said...

Kristina beautiful blog