Monday, February 19, 2007

We have been busy busy today! We took my mustang to get the transmisson serviced this morning at 8am. The mustang has been needing attention since last february. With the accident, I wasn't driving, and money had been a problem, etc, and the mustang has been rather ignored. Poor mustang, must feel very neglected. Anyway, I drove the taurus, and Eric drove the mustang to the transmission shop. The owners are WLBT fans aparently, and were tickled to see us. They said it would be a few hours before it was done, so we went to Petsmart. Big surprise right? Spent a good 40 minutes there, dreaming, wishing, talking to the animals, etc.
Then we headed to the mall. Had to check out JC Penny's, and eat some lunch in the food court. Then we headed to Hancock Fabrics, I wanted to get some comparison prices on fabric and other craft needs, since Walmart wants to do away with those things. Awesome selection, but the prices were rather high, on some things anyway. Their sewing machine thread was on sale, 50% off, I was pleased. I also found some sewing machine needles for $1, also on sale.
Then we stopped by a store called Hudson's Salvage Center. It is kind of like a treasure hunt. There may be a bunch of junk, but then you might find somthing great for really really cheap. We had a few good finds. It was fun!
We then went to a pet store north of there, the only lfs in the area since our Quality Pet closed. They said they would take our guppies off our hands, if we just wanted to get rid of them. We may do that.
We were just leaving there when the cell phone rang, it was the transmission shop saying the car was ready.
They didnt charge for labor, I guess they like us. :)
We also stopped by walmart to check out the price of tires for the mustang. The tires on that car are very very worn, and really need to be replaced. While we were there I went and grabbed the black paint for the aquarium stand.
When we got back home, I had Eric carry the stand outside for me, and I painted it. It is drying now, and I must say it's looking good. :) I'll post some pics when we get it all finished.
~Kristina

No comments: