So I have been a busy sewing bee! I have been working on several projects for our bedroom. I want to add color and continuity to the space.
The project ideas started with a bed side table my Mom gave me. It is a good size and has shelves for storage. It is very useful, but not particularly pretty. Mom suggested I make a table skirt for it, to dress it up a bit. That is where my plans started.
I found some material I just loved at the walmart in Danville, VA, while visiting in early January. It was blue plaid with small roses in the pattern. Mom said that the blue stripes looked like ribbons criss crossed.
After I thought about things for a bit, I decided that a new valence with some of the same material was in order, along with a new bed skirt and a cushion for a chest that sits at the foot of our bed. So I found some navy material that had the same roses as the first material, and some rosey colored material that went with both. Toss in some navy ribbon and rose colored piping, some adhesive velcro, and a foam cushion and I was on my way.
Here are the materials.
Here is the valence, which I finished a few days ago.
And here is the tableskirt, which is attached to the table by the magic of adhesive velcro.
I have the cushion and bed skirt mostly done, but not quite finished. I am momentarily side tracked by a project for a friend. She wanted me to make a dress for her daughter and a matching dress for her daughter's doll. So I am in the middle of that.
I'll post pictures of the dress project when I get that finished, and also when I get the bedroom projects done.
~Kristina
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment