Eric and I are in the middle of preparing the new tank for re-sealing. Taking the old sealant off was a job, but I got it done. We have taped the seams, about 1/4" away from the edges of the glass. You peal the tape off while the sealant is still soft, and then you have a nice clean edge. That is how I understand it anyway.
Yesterday was pre-op at the Pavilion. They drew blood, and did a pregnancy test. I also spoke to an anesthesia nurse. This is all standard stuff, but it took a good deal of our day, waiting at this office, going to the next and waiting again. We also saw Dr Giessler, my hand surgeon, before we left. He is a great guy. He said the metal plate he will put in my hand is about 1" long and about 1/6th of a millimeter in thickness. It is also slightly curved to follow the contours of my hand bone.
Tomorrow is surgery day. I am due at the hospital at 6:30am, but I probably wont be in surgery until about 8am. Dr Giessler said my surgery should take around an hour, he said it is fine-tuning type stuff and he doesnt want to rush it. I probably will be at the hospital most of the day, but I am not supposed to have to stay overnight. I hope to be home by late afternoon or early evening. They plan to keep me for observation after surgery.
Eric plans to keep my blog up-to-date, since I do not know how laid up my hand will be, and how much typing I will be able to do, etc.
~Kristina
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment