Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I spent quite a bit of time working on cutting squares for the quilt top. 9 different patterned fabrics, plus white. I also found some awsome flannel for the backing, it is light blueish with purples and darker blues in lacey patterns over it. Im tickled to death with it. I have 120- 4 1/2" white squares, 30- 8" white squares, 60 pink 4 1/2" squares (three different patterns), 60 blue 4 1/2" squares (two different patterns), 60 purple 4 1/2" squares (two different patterns), 60 green 4 1/2" squares (two different patterns). Both kinds of green material I bought, one was on the $1.00 table, and i got 1/2 yard, so only 50c for that one, gotta love that! One of the purples I bought as well, but the rest of the patterns were material I had on hand from other projects. There are 30 big squares in the quilt pattern, with each of those thirty containing 1-8" white square as its center, and 4-4 1/2" white squares, one for each corner. The other patterns create a frame around the center square. There are two green, two pink, two blue and two purple fabrics in each big square. I had three pinks on hand, one there was enough to cut all 30 squares, the other two I only had enough for 15 of each. So half the 30 big squares will have one kind the other 15 will have the other kind, but in the same position on the square.

As you can see, the top and bottom are blue and purple, while the sides are green and pink. I tried several different arrangements, but this suited me most.

In this version, the only differnce is the pink material on the top right hand side of the pattern. Half of the quilt will be this way, the other half the way it is in the first photo.


This last photo is of the flannel backing, it is still folded and tagged from the store, it will stay that way for a while, the quilt top has to be finished before I will cut into the flannel. I also got the batting for the center of the quilt when we were at the store. I have not decided about the embroidery yet, but I can get all the big squares done before I have to decide.

I'll post more pictures along the way, I am very excited about my quilt project!

~Kristina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt is going to be very nice, Kristina. I like the colors you have chosen. The white looks like it has little pebbles, very pretty.
Wish I was there to lind a hand.
I like your blogsite. Someday I'd like to do one.
Take care.
Love,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

The quilt is going to be very nice, Kristina. I like the colors you have chosen. The white looks like it has little pebbles, very pretty.
Wish I was there to lind a hand.
I like your blogsite. Someday I'd like to do one.
Take care.
Love,
Barbara

February 7, 2007 2:21 AM